Stage Right Productions is bringing some farce to the Crighton stage.
Neil Simon’s “Rumors,” directed by Travis Bryant, will run through May 1.
Bryant has twice won the Best Director/Artistic Achievement award for two shows at The Owen. The first in 2012 was for “Nunsense” and the second in 2014 for its sequel “Nunsense II.”
This description of the show is from Stage Right’s website:
“At a large, tastefully appointed Sneden’s Landing townhouse, the Deputy Mayor of New York has just shot himself. Though only a flesh wound, four couples are about to experience a severe attack of Farce. Gathering for their tenth wedding anniversary, the host lies bleeding in the other room and his wife is nowhere in sight. His lawyer, Ken and wife Chris must get “the story” straight before the other guests arrive. As the confusions and mis-communications mount, the evening spins off into classic farcical hilarity.”
Aside from Bryant, this show brings several Montie winners and nominees back to the stage.
David Herman, Officer Ben Welch, won Best Actor for Minor Role in a Comedy or Drama for his 2014 role in The Players Theatre Company’s “Inherit the Wind.”
Roger Ormiston, Lighting design, is a three-time Montie Award Lighting Design nominee, including his win last year for Stage Right Production’s “Singin’ in the Rain.”
Below is the cast and crew of the show:
- Robert Faber as Ken Gorman
- Jen Watson as Chris Gorman
- Allen Dorris as Lenney Ganz
- Amy Sowers as Claire Ganz
- Joey Hancock as Ernie Cusack
- Melody Montez as Cookie Cusack
- Jonathan Rozas as Glenn Cooper
- Sherry Rozas as Cassie Cooper
- David Herman as Officer Ben Welch
- Stella Leland as Officer Pudney
- Roger Ormiston – lighting design
- Deanie Harmon – scenic artist, props and set design
- Andrew Lowry – sound design